Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Phone case and evaluation












These are two of my edits before I created my final design, which allowed me to see if the size was a good fit for my selected phone case. Also to see if the drawings were as good as they looked while I was editing on Illustrator.


















My final design on my phone case which was a Nokia X case. I had a problem getting my design to fit on all the phone cases,






My evaluation

For this assignment I had to design a phone case related to music, I had done a lot of research before I created my final design this included who my inspiration was. Kate Moross was key in my design as she creates a mixture of artwork, which is a mixture of hand drawn/done on illustrator or Photoshop. Where she can make her adjustments for her work. I wanted to be inspired more by musicians, there were a few people in general, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino and Drake. I chose to be inspired by Drake, mainly for the pure fact he has a mix culture of music, he goes from pop to hip-hop, which is where I can connect on a level with his music.  When researching for my phone case, I looked online for other music related phone cases, and when I was researching I saw that there was a lack of Drake related designs for a phone case which I found strange as he is one of the biggest musicians across the world. This was another factor in me choosing Drake, as whilst I enjoy his music there was also a gap in the market for a smart design of Drake for the phone case. So I took the opportunity and designed the phone case.   
 The techniques I used were Photoshop and Illustrator these were the two main programmes that were available to me, and they were the two main ones that I had more experience using, so it helped me slightly when it came to designing.   

What went well was my planning before it came to designing my final design for my phone case, therefore that allowed me to have a good structure. I also had some good ideas for my phone case but actually designing it like how I would’ve wanted was hindered due to my skills in Illustrator and Photoshop. So if I were to do it again I would most defiantly aim for a more achievable design, I’d change the layout of my final design so it looks more professional on the phone case. Furthermore I am more than happy with my final design, with a few little changes next time it will look much more professional, for example I will change the font style to make it more unique. I would add some writing below the chain at the bottom of the phone case too. This would solve my problem of having a little area with nothing on it. Overall I am happy as a whole with my phone case, as it has taken a lot of time and effort to come up with a final design I was more than happy with, as creating something unique was difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment