Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Final design bookmark

Cmyk is a colour system that contains four colours which are, Cyan, magenta, yellow and black. In the print industry these four colours are used as the primary colours.

RGB is red, green and blue is a system for mixing colours, this model can be used in computer monitors, television sets and theatres. Red, green and blue dots are used for creating the image, when it's red and green overlap, you'll see yellow, this system is only to devices using light for example tv sets or a computer monitor.

In my opinion the photoshop file should be 300dpi when it comes to printing as it gives the maximum quality to the picture to be shown. Dpi means dots per inch this means if the dot count is higher, then the quality will be higher which allows for it to be sharper and less blurry.

My design

For my bookmark I designed it on The Bourne Supremacy, I have used a hand drawn image that are all related to the book, for example I've used him looking down the sight of a sniper, but instead of having the sniper you have the sight on his right eye. I've only used standard colours that are expected from a Bourne book. On my bookmark I've used abstract colours as they are used for real equipment and many other designs and it's very abstract. I've tried to make it look and feel like a Bourne bookmark and I've just taken key parts from the book and re created them as a picture onto my bookmark. It has taken me a long time to create the best possible bookmark I can however if I were to do it again I would make the layout of my bookmark different, as the way Iv'e laid my picture out isn't much different to other bookmarks. I may also of added more writing. Although what I do like about my bookmark is that it looks good and different to other bookmarks, and that his right eye (left as looking at it from the screen) is the scope of a sniper. The layout is good but does have some floors to it but as a whole there are more positives than negatives, the negatives would be that I had taken a long time to upload my final piece onto illustrator which gave me less time to make it look better, slicker and more professional however for future designs I know what I can do to make my design better, there is only a few small issues that I've learnt from. As a whole I am pleased with my final design and would only change a few minor details, I've also gained valuable experience using illustrator.


This is my final design. I used the pen tool to get the shapes which form different parts of the face, I thought this would be the most unique way I could create my bookmark. I've used a few colours which makes it stand out more. Instead of having The Bourne Supremacy at the top I decided to put it to the right of the picture mainly for affect, I am happy with how my bookmark has come out as I didn't have that high of expectations as Iv'e not designed a bookmark before. However if I were to change something it would be making the tittle in a different font style which would make it look more unique and would add to the wackiness of my bookmark. I got some inspiration from researching Kate Moross as she uses a variety of art for her work, however what I took inspiration from was her use of shapes and when she used them, for example she uses them to fill space and to make her work more unique to herself. I took this and added it to my work which I think has worked very well as it has made my work unique and my own. 


This will be the back of my bookmark, it is a brief overview of what happens in the book. 






No comments:

Post a Comment