Pages

Monday 18 April 2016

Portsmouth guildhall

1. What is the exhibition? It shows a combination from bands and artists that have played in Portsmouth from the earliest of the 50s to the 2000s, it gives you detail about the tracks they've sung, and in some cases it gives you a brief overview on them.

2. What were the best parts of the exhibition? For me there were many good aspects, however the best and most interesting part was finding out about bands or artists that I didn't know much about before I went to Guildhall.

3. What did I learn about music in Portsmouth, that I didn't know before the visit? Finding out how many famous artists have played in the town, then finding out information about them.

4. How could this help my current graphics project? It can help my design when it comes to thinking outside the box, and coming up with an idea that is unique and has a meaning behind it. Some of the pieces of art I saw were authentic and cool to the artist and that spread across to their audience, also having a diverse background can help you be successful when it comes to designing.

5. People should visit the exhibition because it widens your knowledge on famous artists and bands, it also has a verity of unique pieces of art work which can give you inspiration for your work.

My experience of Portsmouth Guildhall was fairly decent, I saw many top bands and artists that I didn't know played in Portsmouth. I saw a huge contrast in pieces of art and that was expected as every individual or group have a different persona which can be influenced by others or the latest trend, and you can see a huge difference from music a decade or more ago to now. Furthermore I took some key knowledge away from my trip I learnt that music is huge in Portsmouth and that some of the biggest names have played in Portsmouth. I've also seen that music is huge to many people worldwide not just in Portsmouth, there were many cool props there that have been given by the musicians so fans can come and see some cool props that can vary from instruments to a signed photo.









No comments:

Post a Comment